If you are just starting your entrepreneurial dream, it all probably looks a bit too much. It’s completely understandable as there are a lot of things you suddenly need to start worrying about, and it seems as if new problems keep popping up faster than you can solve them!
However, you don’t need to worry. All of this is normal, and with the help of some of the best resources an entrepreneur like you can have, you will quickly find that all of these issues can be solved easily.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at the best resources a first-time entrepreneur needs to use:
First-Time Entrepreneur Must-Use Resources
- S Corporation vs. LLC – a great article to learn the difference between the two and which structure is the best one for your business
- FindLaw – you’ll probably need a lawyer at some point, and this site is essentially a directory of all the lawyers in the US
- How to open a business bank account – learn how to open a bank account for your home-based business
- Accounting 101 – a great post from HubSpot that explains the basics of accounting and how it can help you grow your small business
- Bookkeeping 101 – a short post that will lead you into the basics of bookkeeping and open you up to new terms and concepts you can further explore
- Learn how to save money – a great post that will help you save (important when you’re a first-time entrepreneur)
- Learn to write a business plan – a great post to learn how to create a sound business plan
- WordPress – the best place to create a website and manage your content
- Wix – the same as WordPress, but does most things for you (no freedom to experiment though)
- Google Analytics – a must-use analytics tool for digital marketing that offers free web analytics and optimizer
- Optimizely – great for A/B testing and very cost-efficient (it has a lot of different features as well)
- Buffer – social media posting scheduler app that offers free social media engagement stats as well
- WooRank – a great tool for SEO, SEO audit, mobile optimization, social media, reports, etc
- Dropbox – cloud storage for files that you can share easily
- Medium – a collaborative blogging platform that offers you the opportunity to learn a lot from other entrepreneurs and build a brand for yourself
- Google AdWords – a free AdWords tool for keyword planning and more
- SEMRush – advanced SEO and PPC tool
- MailChimp – the most popular email tool for personalized and automated emails and newsletters
- List of content marketing tools – content is king, and there are way too many tools you can use, so here’s a big list of all the best ones
- Content Marketing Institute – one of the best sites to find all the news you need about content marketing
- Entrepreneur.com – the name pretty much says it all!
- EO – a network for entrepreneurs
- EpicLaunch.com – offers excellent tips for young entrepreneurs
- Kickstarter – if you have a creative project, you can always look for funding here (Indiegogo is also great if you’re looking to go international)
- Upwork – if you’re looking for freelancers to help you out, this is the best site to find them
So there you have it, a detailed list with a lot of handy resources that are bound to make your first-time entrepreneurial life much easier.
And if you still get stuck or need some advice, feel free to reach out!