Facebook is probably the greatest invention since sliced bread. It has nearly two billion users around the world, and it is said that one out of nine people has a Facebook account. Now, that’s a huge source of customers.
So how do you take advantage this massive customer base for your business? How do you attract the right people to your Facebook Page and ultimately, to your website?
According to statistics, only a measly 2% of first-time website visitors will consider buying a product or service. The rest of the pack, the 98%, are not interested.
This is where Facebook remarketing can make an impact. Instead of serving your ad to the entire Facebook universe, Facebook remarketing can target specific people who are already interested and willing to buy your product or service.
Compared with traditional display marketing, which simply places banner ads around a news feed, Facebook remarketing places your ad inconspicuously on the news feed so it looks more like native advertising. By presenting your business in the most natural manner, it increases its chances of being read by its intended market. It’s a sneaky way to attract customers but it works.
Also referred to as “Custom Audiences,” Facebook remarketing’s concept is brilliant: when someone visits your website and clicks a product, they’re instantly tagged with a “pixel” or a code that allows marketers to track them on Facebook. And while they’re scrolling through their Facebook account, your Facebook ad appears on their news feed, sort of like a gentle reminder to revisit your site or reconsider your product or service.
There are three ways to remarket on Facebook:
Customers list is an effective targeting tool that allows you to create and focus on a very specific audience by simply uploading their email addresses on Facebook. This tool will allow you to dish up personalized ads to your targeted contacts.
Website traffic exposes your ads to people who have visited your website. Once you’ve set up a Facebook pixel on your web pages, you can track a specific target market by using filters based on their activity on your site. For example, if you’re selling pet supplies but you want to target only those who are interested in crates, you can set up an audience that will show your ad only to people who have searched for crates.
If your business has a well-known app, then this is the right tool for you. It allows you to retarget people in different ways based on their user behavior. For example, if a customer cancels a purchase on your app, you can re-offer the product with a special discount code. Or if a customer has completed a sale, you can offer him more products.
Facebook remarketing is one of the smartest, most effective marketing tools out there today. Include it as part of your digital marketing plan. It could work wonders for your business.