What do Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, and Mark Zuckerberg all have in common? While you might say that they’re all highly successful professionals, that is not the only similarity. The truth is that they all have an even bigger similarity among them – they all work out, as they all consider it essential to their success.
All successful leaders know that regular physical activity, be it running, swimming, going to the gym, or doing yoga, can provide you with up to five extra hours of productivity every day. Working hard and working out go side by side, and here are five reasons why:
- Exercise helps you benefit from schedules and goals – If you have problems with setting and keeping up with schedules for yourself, working out is an excellent way to build that habit. Set goals that you’ll actively work towards, whether it’s losing weight or running a specific distance. When you practice discipline through your workout and see the results, you will carry that boost of positive energy into the office.
- Exercise builds your brain and helps break bad habits – We all fall into some type of temptation, especially after a long day of work. Some of us love to crash in front of the TV, scroll through our social media profiles for hours, or eat our frustrations away. It can be challenging to connect with your deeper needs when you’re always distracted. This is where exercise is incredibly valuable – it puts your mind in contact with your body. Taking those 30 minutes out of your day to work out lets you collect your thoughts, do a rundown on what you need, and gain a sense of direction. It’s the perfect way to break any and all of your destructive habits.
- Exercising is your greatest competitive advantage – Entrepreneurship can be frustrating. You can push yourself to do your best and still get stuck in the daily grind. It can be challenging to stay engaged at work when this happens, and it can have some severe consequences for your business. Regular exercise will not only keep you fit but will get you to work harder, better, and smarter.
- Exercise builds self-esteem – By working out regularly, you will not only decrease stress but learn how to excel beyond your limitations. Training builds your body and mind and helps you feel more confident.
- Exercise boosts your creativity and problem-solving skills – Any successful entrepreneur will tell you that solving problems and realizing your vision is one of the most significant aspects of the job. Numerous studies have shown that when people exercise, or even just walk regularly, their creative input increases by 60%.
Making exercise an unbreakable habit will set you up for success, and not just in the boardroom. It will also give you the longevity to share and enjoy the fruits of your labor with those who mean the most to you. If you need help with becoming a successful entrepreneur, feel free to contact us!