Social media not only helps you connect to existing and potential customers, but in today’s market, consumers have come to expect that all businesses have some form of social media presence.
Consumers want to interact with brands, and social media gives them the best channel to engage. With more and more people on their mobiles, social media provides easy access to brands they love. Expand your reach to attract more business by leveraging social media to keep your customers updated on your latest offers and products. Here’s how to make the most of social media:
- Create an account across the major social media platforms. Good practice would be to create and manage accounts on at least two to three social media platforms. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter remain the top social media channels for marketing.
- Be consistent. To establish a memorable brand, use a consistent voice, tone, and aesthetics across all your social media accounts. This helps avoid any confusion from audiences about who you are and what you offer.
- Post content that creates opportunities for engagement. The goal is to encourage conversation and not promote controversy. A good way to do this is to post something positive and follow it up with a question for your audience.
- Excellent questions to ask your followers is what they would like to see more of. Maybe they want behind-the-scenes of operations or a how-to video of your product. Perhaps they just want to get to know you as an entrepreneur more. This allows you to share your business’s origin story and make an authentic connection with your audience.
- Encourage feedback. Another way to promote engagement is to ask your followers for their opinions. They may have some constructive criticism that can lead to improvements for your products and services.
- Post high-quality visuals. Social media is a visual platform. Images and videos leave a lasting impact. Fortunately, you don’t need a big budget to take high-quality photos and videos for social media, particularly since many smartphones today have excellent cameras. You only need to be creative. And there are many free tools online to help you create visually impactful content.
- Track your success. Which posts are the most popular? Which posts are getting the most engagement in the form of likes, shares, and comments? This helps you identify what type of content you should more.
- Know your competition. Your competition likely has a social media presence too. Don’t copy what they post but do check out what they’re up to. Keep competition healthy by allowing it to inspire and motivate you.
- Maintain a posting schedule. Posting regularly on social media increases brand awareness, encourages brand loyalty, and promotes engagement. When you’re active on social media, your audience won’t easily forget about you. Posting fresh content regularly also gives you more opportunities to rank in search results, which leads to better conversion rates. Having a regular posting schedule also means more accurate metrics for you to track.
For more advice on social media tips for your small business and business opportunities, contact me to learn more!